Your work is going to fill a large part of your life and the only way to be truly satisfied is…to Love what you do and don’t settle for anything less….
Do you feel Monday is Looming?…..dreading it already? Monday doesn’t have to be your unspoken enemy. Identify what it is that’s preventing you from waking up a happy, lively soul…
Many of us no matter what profession, have struggled with the FEAR of Monday mornings. Whether its getting up early for a long commute, going to a job that you’re not aligned to anymore or where you colleagues seem to be progressing faster….
Whatever the reason, these are some fast tips to ensure you are using your precious gifts and talents in a way that makes you truly happy and satisfied.
- Write it down…whatever that feeling is FEAR, DREAD, DEPRESSED, ANXIOUS, write it down and identify the real route cause. Is it low pay, lack of challenge, a bad working atmosphere. By becoming self aware, you can move to action faster.
- Make a plan…Once you have identified the source of your emotion, start to make some small changes. For example if the issue is the long commute, try getting lunches, clothes etc ready the night before to make your morning less stressful.
- Look around…isn’t it a big world? There are plenty of jobs and positions out there just waiting for someone like you. Explore the market, get in touch with recruiters and coaches who can help you find that perfect position.
- Don’t like to work for anyone else?…try start your own business. There are so many entrepreneurs who are available to give advice and guidance. There are plenty of start you own business courses in your local enterprise offices and books to guide you…spend some time in Easons and grab the first business book that attracts you at first glance.
- Try a vision board, check out pinterest on how to create the dream life you have always wanted.
Finally, don’t let anyone ever tell you that you can’t.
So Monday, we meet again.
We will never be friends—but maybe we can move past our mutual enmity toward a more-positive partnership.”
― Julio Alexi Genao